The mission of the American Guild of Organists is to enrich lives through organ and choral music. To achieve this, we
- encourage excellence in the performance of organ and choral music;
- inspire, educate, and offer certification for organists and choral conductors;
- provide networking, fellowship, and mutual support;
- nurture future generations of organists;
- promote the organ in its historic and evolving roles; and
- engage wider audiences with organ and choral music.
October Dean's Message
Words, words, words.... each morning, over coffee, I scan two newspapers for something other than commentary on our political climate. Much news is
depressing. I often find myself skipping directly to check recipes, gardening tips, the comics, editorial columns that I know will make me smile, or
the latest "dear Abby." Then, to make sure my brain is working, I try my hand at Sudoku or word Jumble.
This past week our church staff was shocked when the headlines involved a staff-member's child. It was beyond comprehension. We were left speechless.
How could we possibly be supportive and helpful at this time of crisis? We offered hugs, prayers, tears, and more prayers.
As you go your way in music ministry, know that through your art, lives are touched in ways too deep to understand. It is an awesome calling.
Soli deo Gloria...
Norma Aamodt-Nelson, dean